Conservatives have been singing this tune for years. It’s about time the rest of the country starts listening!
Voters in key congressional battleground states are turning their backs on Joe Biden and Democrats, angered about the souring economy and the party’s backhanded responses to their concerns about inflation.
A new poll commissioned by the GOP found that voters feel team Biden is both “out of touch” and “condescending,” traits that have led to a widening preference gap in the congressional midterm elections that favors Republicans.
“Battleground voters continue to hold Democrats responsible for the negative impact that record-high inflation, soaring crime, and the crisis along our southern border are having on their lives. Additionally, these voters overwhelmingly support Republicans who are focused on addressing these issues,” said the polling memo, which was written by three top national polling outfits for the National Republican Congressional Committee.
The poll holds significance, the NRCC said, because it surveyed voters in 77 battleground congressional districts that Biden won in 2020 by 5 and a half points.
Here are the highlights we just received from the NRCC:
- President Biden’s job approval is 15 points underwater, with only 40% of voters in these key districts approving of the job Biden is doing, while 55% disapprove.
- Republicans lead the generic ballot by 4 points, despite Biden winning these battleground seats by over 5 points in 2020. Republicans have seen a 7-point improvement on the generic ballot since February 2021.
- Overall, 75% of swing voters in these districts agree that Democrats are out of touch with everyday people and are condescending toward voters.
- Economic issues dominate the issue matrix, with 46% of battleground voters indicating that they are most concerned about an economic issue.
- Some 26% of battleground voters say inflation and the cost of living are the most important issues for Biden and Congress to work on, and 15% are most concerned about jobs and the economy. 52% of battleground voters blame high gas prices on the Biden administration and Congressional Democrats’ unwillingness to allow more oil and gas production in the United States, compared to only 31% who blame the war in Ukraine and sanctions on Russian oil and gas.
- About 75% of battleground voters are more likely to support a Republican candidate who will fight to lower the price of groceries and gas.
- Exactly 78% of battleground voters are more likely to support a Republican candidate who will work to stop dangerous cartels from bringing drugs into America.
- A huge 80% of battleground voters are more likely to support a Republican who will advance energy innovation that will lead to economic growth and lower energy prices.
- And 73% of battleground voters favor increasing oil and gas production and exploration in the U.S., with a majority (54%) strongly in favor. Less than one-quarter (23%) of battleground voters oppose increasing oil and gas production and exploration in the U.S., with just 13% strongly opposed.
To learn how you can use Content.ad to drive visitors to your content or add this service to your site, please contact us at [email protected].
Website owners select the type of content that appears in our units. However, if you would like to ensure that Content.ad always displays family-friendly content on this device, regardless of what site you are on, check the option below. Learn More